There are some presentations available on the science fair website to help with the identification of variables as well as writing a hypothesis. Here is the link in case you are struggling to find it:
The research plan is basically a glorified pre-lab report. The parent sign-off is required in order be sure there is parent approval, as there is often at least a small monetary commitment. The documents below are downloadable and should be easily edited for students to create a research plan.
Don't forget you need to have the SIGNED research plan worksheet from your parents! It is attached below.
- 10/4 - typed research plan due
- 10/9 - rocks replacement grades and mastery due
- 10/11 - Tybee payment #2 ($50), flap and IT check
- 10/15 - Paleo replacement grades and mastery due
- 11/1 - Experimentation should be complete at this point (nothing to turn in, but be ready to type up final report)
- 11/18 - Class science fair. Turn in science fair composition book, research paper, and trifold display board
Below, I have attached the file for replacement grades. Please note the due dates on them are no longer valid.