- Class science fair began yesterday. I'm hopeful we will be done tomorrow! The first level of the school fair begins Friday. Students that make it to the final round will be asked to stay AFTER SCHOOL Tuesday, December 10 (the same night as the chorus concert) and be interviewed. Students that excel in this event will move on to the regional fair in February, and hopefully the state fair in March!
- We have begun a new unit - WEDS, or Weathering, Erosion, Deposition and Soil. HW last night was to read 167-172 and annotate. In class today students answered questions and completed two sheets with small groups: Weathering Info and Autobiography of a Rock
- Ms. Shaver finished her Ed.S. degree! The education specialist is a designation between a masters and a doctorate. Graduation is December 14 :)
- Grades are being update most nights. Students continue to turn in recovery/mastery work and Ms. Shaver continues to grade. There's a mountain of papers, but there's light at the end of the tunnel!
- Just a reminder, if you have missing work, PLEASE take the initiative to take care of it sooner rather than later. We will have a recovery day the last day of the semester (like during midterms). To watch the movie and attend a celebration of learning, be sure you are passing all of your classes and have no missing work. If you are struggling, talk to Ms. Shaver or any other teacher about your class and we will work TOGETHER to make sure you are successful.
- Don't forget about items being raffled off for seed money! The raffle is this Friday!
- ALL TYBEE MONEY ($200) IS DUE DECEMBER 11. Absolutely NO MONEY will be accepted after Tuesday, December 17. This will hopefully help out anyone that is waiting for a mid-month paycheck to hit the bank. Be looking for a paper reminder soon. On that note, I am still looking for MALE chaperones. Dads, we need you!
- There will be a test NEXT FRIDAY (12/13/13) on Weathering, Erosion, Deposition and Soil.
- Finals are the last week of classes.