Students received Quiz #1 back today and it should be glued onto page 13 of the IN (interactive notebook). We went over the answers in detail, and also reviewed the IT. Answers for the quiz:
1. naturally occurring, inorganic, solid, crystalline structure, definite chemical composition
2. Characteristics define the mineral. The properties help identify the mineral.
3. Silicate minerals have compounds of oxygen and silicon. Nonsilicates don’t.
4. quartz, mica, and feldspar
5. copper, corundum, galena, calcite, gypsum, sulfur
6. An ore is a rock containing a mineral that is economically useful (money!) – like iron, gemstones, etc.
7. oxygen and silicon
8. color, luster, streak, hardness, density (specific gravity), cleavage, fracture
9. No. Not solid, no crystal structure
10. Not living. Never was. Never will be. Not made of anything that was EVER ALIVE.
HW: IT pages 51-56 (Ch 4, Section 1). Quiz tomorrow!
Be on the lookout for a video with directions for formatting your paper, should you choose to type it!